We at Collective Canvas comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to This Policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Who We Collect Personal Information From
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- To verify your identity.
- To provide products and services to you.
- To market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose).
- To improve the products and services that we provide to you.
- To bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions.
- To respond to communications from you.
- To conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis).
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim.
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Protecting Your Personal Information
We will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, you can email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.